In September 2017, the European Commission announced a renewed EU industrial policy that aims at empowering European industries to deliver sustainable growth and jobs.
Despite the renewed momentum for industrial policy, many questions remain about the specifics of the proposed policy, the role of strategic value chains and the implementation of industrial policy on a national level.
Our event will bring policymakers, key industry sectors and experts together to address these issues ahead of the new EU political cycle.
Join us at our public event New Industrial Policy: what role for strategic value chains? from 09:00-14:00 on 19 April 2018 in in the Steigenberger Hotel (Brussels) to take a stand for #industry4europe and meet decision makers.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Emilio García, Chief Innovation Officer, Talgo Trains
- Raul Gil, COO of Prysmian Powerlink and Chairman of the Europacable Energy
- Paul Heemskerk, Head of European Industrial Policy, Ministry of Economics, The Netherlands
- Mark Nicklas, Head of Innovation policy and investment for growth, European Commission (DG GROW)
- Rob van Gils, CEO of HAI Aluminium
- Georg Zachmann, Senior Fellow at Bruegel
In addition to panel debates and keynotes, there will be an interactive exhibition area where you can explore how aluminium helps address societal challenges.
After our public event, a separate workshop (14:00-18:00) will be organized at the same venue on the EU Horizon 2020 funded* E2VENT project European Aluminium is a part of. The workshop will tackle renovation opportunities and challenges for European buildings under the new EPBD Directive and barriers to overcome to foster innovation in the renovation sector. Please see the draft programme here.
REGISTER NOW by filling in the form below and let us know you are coming by Tweeting to us @EU_Aluminium.